After selecting the type, a new form will be opened for you to fill-in the details of the rule. For example, you can add a general leave rule which will be applicable for every user.
- Leave days rule name field - the name of the rule which will appear when the user will create a new leave request
- Short name field - the short code which will appear when the payroll / timekeeping is exported
- Days per year field - how many days can be requested as leave from this rule
- Please select start / end year fields - the start year of the rule when to be applied and if the end year if the rule is going to expire.
- Paid field - to define if this type of leave is paid or unpaid
- Applies to all members field - which will define if the rule should be applicable for all the members of the company or only for some specific positions or some specific locations.
- Timeoff is carried over next year and expires after X months field - based on which the remaining days from this rule will be carried over for a specific period.
- Needs approval from direct manager / coordinator field - based on which the request will be approved by the time-off approver selected for each user in part or by the user with the general role of time-off approver. If unselected the request will be approved only by the user which is having the general role assigned.
- Impacts payroll field - based on which the leave request name will be shown in the payroll / timekeeping export.
3. How to activate / edit a leave rule in Mirro
After you managed to fill-in all the information, you will need to save the details. Once a rule has been added in the application, the rule should be activated to take effect. To activate a rule, you will need to select the option Activate available for each rule in part.
Once the rule was activated, it will have impact in the application. In the same time, you will also have the possibility to edit a rule once created. Our strong recommendation is to make the rule inactive first and afterwards to make the changes needed.
By defining leave rules in the application, your users will be able to request leave days.