- Leave type field is going to determine which leave type you are going to request, if it is a vacation day-off, a medical day-off or any other type available in the drop-down list.
- Start date and end date fields to specify the period for which you will be on leave. If you want to see if you overlap with another colleague leave request you will be able to access the Check calendar option. By checking the calendar you will have the possibility to see all leave requests within the company.
- Once the period is filled-in you will see how many days you have available up the start date of your request and how many days are you going to request.
If you select only one day from calendar, you will notice that a new field will be activated, where you will have the possibility to specify if you request the full day or only half a day.
- Replacement field will offer you the possibility to specify if any other colleague is going to replace you during the selected period. If added, the colleague will receive a notification.
- Comment (optional) field will offer you the possibility to add additional details about your leave if it the case.
Once all the mandatory fields are filled-in at least, you are ready to submit your request by accessing the option Request leave.
3. Verify the requests already submitted
Once a leave request has been submitted, you have the possibility to check it in the history of leave requests, where you will be able to filter the information by the status of the request and the period of the request.
A request can have multiple statuses:
- Open - Pending: A request which has been performed and needs approval from the time-off approver.
- Open - Pending Cancellation: A request which has been added, approved by the time-off approver, cancelled by the user and needs approval from the direct coordinator to be cancelled.
- Closed - Approved: A request which has been approved by the time-off approver.
- Closed - Declined: A request which has been declined by the time-off approver.
- Closed - Cancelled: A request which has been cancelled by the user.
From the same section, you will be able to cancel a request as long as the status is pending or approved.